Cars are very common in our lives. Nowadays, there are […]
Cars are very common in our lives. Nowadays, there are many car lovers. The knowledge of car accessories is very mature. The cable is a very practical accessory in the car. How should the shift cable be adjusted?
(1) Shift the gearbox to the R position. Remove the center console. Remove the nut that secures the shift cable end and disengage the shift cable from the shift lever assembly.
(2) Push the shift cable to the limit position and release the handle. Pull the Auto Brake Hose back to the first gear so that the shift position is in the R position. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) and confirm that the R position indicator is on.
(3) Pass a 6.0mm pin through the positioning hole of the shift lever assembly and insert it into the positioning hole of the shift lever holder. As shown in Figure 3-286, attach the shift cable end to the fastening bolt and align its flat portion with the square of the bottom of the fastening bolt.
(4) Install the nut and tighten it to the specified torque. Remove the 6.0mm pin that is used to secure the shift lever.
(5) Move the shift lever to each gear to confirm that the A/T gear position indicator changes correctly with the A/T gear position switch. Push the shift lock release device and confirm that the shift lock lever is loose.