A gas spring is an elastic element that can perform functions such as support, buffering, braking, height adjustment and angle adjustment. The basic principle of the gas spring is to fill a sealed cylinder with nitrogen and oil or a mixture of oil and gas with a certain pressure, and then use the pressure acting on the piston rod or piston section to make the gas spring generate thrust or tension. The gas spring and the mechanical The biggest difference of the spring is that the slope of the force-displacement curve of the former is very small, and the force value remains basically unchanged during the entire movement stroke, while the slope of the force-displacement curve of the latter is very large. According to the structure and function of gas springs, gas springs mainly include free gas springs, self-locking gas springs, random stop gas springs, traction gas springs, and dampers.
1. Free-type gas springs (compressed gas springs) have only two states: extension (the longest length without external force) and compression (external force is greater than the thrust of the gas spring, the shortest length). They can't stop by themselves during the stroke and mainly support Function, this kind of gas spring has two structures: constant damping and variable damping. It is widely used in industries such as automobiles, engineering machinery, textile machinery, printing machinery, and office furniture.
2. Self-locking gas spring (lifting lockable gas spring, angle adjustment lockable gas spring) can lock the gas spring at any position of the stroke through its internal valve. Depending on the internal structure, this type of gas spring has elastic locking , Compression rigid locking, tensile rigid locking, compression and tension bidirectional rigid locking and other types. The self-locking gas spring has the functions of support, height and angle adjustment, convenient and flexible operation, and simple structure. Therefore, it is widely used in medical equipment, furniture, automobile and other industries.
3. Arbitrary stop gas spring (balanced gas spring) through its internal special balance valve mechanism, plus reasonable external load design, can make the gas spring stop at any position in the stroke, but there is no additional locking force, its The characteristics are between the free-type gas spring and the self-locking gas spring. Mainly used in kitchen furniture, medical equipment, electronic products and other industries.
4. Traction gas spring (stretch gas spring) is a special gas spring: other gas springs are in the longest position when they are in a free state, that is, they move from the longest position to the shortest after receiving external force. The position moves, and the free state of the traction gas spring is in the shortest position, and it runs from the shortest position to the longest position when being pulled. There are also corresponding free-type and self-locking products in the traction gas spring.
5. The damper can change the damping force with the speed of movement through the damping structure on the piston, and can obviously dampen the speed of the connected mechanism. This type of product has a variety of structures to suit different purposes. It is used more in automobiles, home appliances, and medical equipment.