1. They have different meanings
Power cables, also known as "power cables", refer to the power system trunk lines used to transmit and distribute large-scale functional energy; while control cables are different, refer to various power connection lines that directly transmit energy from the distribution point of the power system electrical equipment.
2. Their performance characteristics are different
(1) Under normal circumstances, the rated voltage of the power cable is 0.6/1 kV; and the control cable is mainly 450/750V. In the production of power cables and control cables of the same specifications, the insulation and sheath thickness of power cables are thicker than control cables.
(2) The section of the control cable generally does not exceed 10 square meters. Power cables are mainly used for power transmission and generally have a large cross-section.
(3) In terms of the number of cable cores, according to the requirements of the power grid, if the number of cable cores is large, there are only 5 cores, and the number of control cables used for control signal transmission is large. According to the standard, there are 61 cores in total, but they can also be produced according to user requirements.
3. They have different precautions for use
(1) Precautions for power cables: Do not over-voltage, overload, and do not allow the outer insulation sleeve to be damaged and damp, so as not to affect the normal use of power cables;
(2) Precautions for control cable: Do not use the cable in sunlight and high temperature, try to use it in a cool place; if the cable is used in the pipeline, you need to pay attention to the damage of the plastic pipe and the heat conduction of the metal pipe.
4. Their applications are different
(1) Application of power cables: The power cable products used in the power system mainly include overhead photoelectric lines, bus bars, plastic cables, oil-paper power cables (basically replaced with plastic power cables), rubber sheathed cables, overhead insulated cables), branches Cables, electromagnetic wires for power equipment and spare wires and cables for electrical installation, etc.;
(2) Application of control cables: used in computer systems and information transmission systems, mainly including local telephone cables, radio frequency cables, optical cables, data cables, electromagnetic wires, etc., power communication cables or other composite cables. Among them, the shielding control cable with its good shielding performance has been widely used in power plants and power plants.