There are three differences between power cables and control cables:
1. The meaning of the two is different:
1. The meaning of power cables: Power cables refer to cables with large wire diameters, generally 3 or 4 cores, thick insulation between phases, and metal armor protection on the outside.
2. The meaning of control cables: Control cables are PVC insulated and PVC sheathed control cables suitable for industrial and mining enterprises, energy transportation departments, and for control and protection lines with AC rated voltages below 450/750 volts.
Two, the matters needing attention are different:
1. Notes on power cables:
(1) Overvoltage. Atmospheric overvoltage or internal overvoltage causes the air gap inside the cable insulation medium to be released under the action of a strong electric field, causing the insulation to fall or be punctured.
(2) Overload. Overload of the cable will overheat the cable core wire, accelerate the aging of the insulation layer, and cause the cable to malfunction.
(3) Moisture insulation. Water ingress due to poor sealing or poor installation of the junction box or terminal box, or cable quality problems, small holes or cracks in the metal sheath, and metal sheath punctured or corroded by foreign objects can cause Moisture on the cable insulation causes a malfunction.
2. Notes on control cables:
(1) Under the eaves. Cables can be used only when the cables are not directly exposed to sunlight or ultra-high temperatures. Pipes are recommended. Ultraviolet (UV)-Do not use cables without UV protection in direct sunlight.
(2) On the outer wall. Avoid direct sunlight and wall damage. Heat-The temperature of cables in metal pipes or trunkings is very high, and many polymeric materials will reduce their service life at this temperature.
(3) In the pipeline (plastic or metal). For example, in pipes, pay attention to the damage of plastic pipes and the heat conduction of metal pipes. The repair of fiber optic cables is very expensive and requires at least two terminations at each discontinuity.
Third, the two applications are different:
1. Application of power cables: Wire and cable products used in power systems mainly include overhead bare wires, bus bars (bus bars), power cables (plastic cables, oil-paper power cables (basically replaced by plastic power cables), rubber-sheathed cables, Overhead insulated cables), branch cables (replacing some busbars), electromagnetic wires, and electrical equipment wires and cables for power equipment.
2. Application of control cables: used in computer systems and information transmission systems, mainly including local telephone cables, radio frequency cables, optical fiber cables, data cables, electromagnetic wires, power communication or other composite cables. Among them, shielded control cables are widely used in power plants and power stations due to their good shielding performance.